Aleksander has already a word record in the duration of kayak expedition on open ocean. Today is 91st day of his epic journey. But what were the others?
In 2003 "The Paddler" magazine published article written by Dexter Mahaffey entitled "The 10 All-time Greatest Sea Kayaking Expeditions". Every expedition in top10 is amazing, but only 4 of them are real open ocean long-distance crossings.
- Peter Bray’s North Atlantic Crossing, 2001 (76 days)
- Ed Gillet’s California to Hawaii Crossing, 1987 (63 days)
- Hannes Lindemann’s Atlantic Crossing, 1956 (72 days)
- Franz Romer’s Atlantic Crossing, 1928 (56 days)
- Expedition "Crossing The Ditch" by James Castrission and Justin James (62 days) (watch on YouTube)
- Andrew McCauley "Tasman Solo" (died 35 miles (55 km) from the coast) (watch on YouTube)
As you see history of ocean kayak expeditions is very short. Aleksander's "Transaltantic" is already part of this history.