Monday, December 13, 2010

Problems again

Recently we realized slow down on the map. Yesterday Aleksander called his wife  in Poland:
The last two days were the hardest that I have met. After a few easier days, bed weather hit again. It was difficult, but yesterday afternoon began to deteriorate.  Huge, dark clouds heavy with rain, hung over me. Tropical rain started falling. Conditions were deteriorating rapidly, a very violent storm came with strong winds and high waves breaking over the kayak. The storm lasted all night, which was the worst ever. I was so tired that I hadn't shut tightly the hatch. Water was slowly flooding me all night. Morning, it appeared that the water got into the batteries. Fortunately, not all of them are kept in one place, so others survived. 
The wind is all the time against me blowing from the south. It's very tiring. When the wind get weaker, try to paddle to the south-west. GPS shows me that I'm spinning around. This happened third time of this expedition. I do not know when I will be able to get out, I hope the weather improves.

Today sky over Aleksander looks better:

For more satellite images visit NESDIS webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment